Multi-Edit - Using Filters
HomeBase 3.0 allows you to filter your listings by criteria you select, in order to edit multiple listings at once.
The instructions below are based on filtering for terms contained within descriptions but can be applied to any field.
1. Open HomeBase 3.0 and click the Listings tab.
2. Right-click anywhere in the header row. (The 'header row' is the row of column titles across the top, i.e. Item ID, Title, ISBN, etc.)
3. Select 'Column Chooser.' A small square will open on the bottom right side of your screen, with available column headers to add to your header row.
4. Click and drag 'Description' into the header row. Release the mouse button.
5. Right-click on 'Description' and select ‘Filter Editor.’
6. A new window called ‘Filter Builder’ will open - because you clicked on the Description header, the default filter will be for the Description field.
7. Click on ‘Begins With’ (in green). This will provide you with a drop-down list of filter options. You will most likely want to choose ‘Contains’.
8. Click on ‘enter a value.’ (An empty box will appear.)
9. Enter the term you wish to filter by and click on [OK]. (The filter term is not case sensitive.) For example, you could filter by 'hardcover.'
You have now filtered your listings to only display those that contain your filter term within the description field.
10. Use ctrl+a to select all the filtered listings.
11. Right click any of the selected listings and select 'Edit x items.'
12. In the multi-edit window, add your filter term to the appropriate field. For example, if you filtered by 'hardcover' you would add 'hardcover' to the Binding field.
13. Click [Save], then [OK].
14. To remove the filter and start again with a different term, right-click 'Description' and then select 'Clear Filter.'
Repeat the above process for each attribute you would like to add to its own, unique field.